HOW TO BOOST YOUR CURLS: EASY TRICKS

10 oct 2021



Hello beauties!

In today's post I want to talk to you about some tricks that will help you take more advantage of your curls and take them to another level! I have natural curly hair and it wasn't until last year when I decided to start taking more care of it - I started my journey with the curly girl method.
So if you decide to give it a chance, here are some begginer's tricks that will help you boost your curls! I'm not a professional, but these will definitely make a difference - trust me!

But before getting into it, it would be very helpful for yourself to know what type of curls/hair you have, so you can have a better idea of what your hair needs.

*None of the photos (except one) belong to me, credits to its authors*

1. Stop using towels to dry your hair
Instead use an old cotton t-shirt or a microfibre towel as they are smoother and help to dry the hair without creating any type of frizz! This will allow your curls to be more defined.

2. Avoid using curl defining foams that contain a lot of alcohol
I used to define my hair with curl defining foams that contained a high % of alcohol but they used to dry and frizz my hair A LOT (specially after some days without washing it). My recommendation is to use a curl cream or defining foam with less alcohol and hair-harming ingredients - your hair will get more hydrated and defined (even without washing it for some days). The one I use is the Lavender crush defining gel by Camille Rose and I recommend it a lot (plus it lasts ages).



3. Use a hair diffuser when drying your hair
Using a hair diffuser always helps to get your curls more defined! You can buy a hair dryer that comes with a diffuser or you can get one that's only for wavy/curly hair- as the one I use called Bellissima. I got it on Amazon and I totally recommend it.



4. Always keep you hair hydrated: use hair conditioner and masks
It's very important to keep you hair hydrated. I recommend using hair conditioner when washing your hair and also leave in hair conditioners before styling it! Masks are good to use them twice a month or when you feel you hair needs a hydrating boost!


5. Know your type of hair 
It helps to know what type of hair you have and what it needs! This way you have a better idea of how to treat it and how to take care of it. I got a lot of information from websites and from youtube, also I found a website where they offered counseling (paying of course), but it helped me a lot!



Hope you liked this post and this type of content :)
I'll keep writing more posts related to this!

Do you do any of these tricks?
Do you have curly hair?

13 comentarios

  1. This is so informative! Thank you for all of the wonderful and helpful information <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Eu amei as dicas!
    Meu cabelo é 3B e no início eu sempre usava a técnica da fitagem para cachear os fios, além de usar muito ativadores de cachos.
    Beijos.

    Diário da Lady

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hello dear,
    Thanks I'm doing well. Hope you too =)
    This products looks so nice and I think it will be nice for autumn and winter =) No not yet but today I will use it before I go to bed :D

    Very interesting post with nice tips =)
    Since I don't have hair anymore and only wigs, I don't need to do that. My wigs have so many styles so it's really fast :D
    Lots of kisses

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Such a very interesting article.
    I think my hair is soft wave or wavy.
    xx
    Margot
    https://troughthepasturesofthesky.com

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hola!
    Mi cabello es un poco ondulado pero conozco a alguien que le encantara esta info.
    Gracias por compartir!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Great tips!
    I didn't know about the problem of using a towel!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Great tips! Thanks for sharing.
    -Nina
    http://www.stylingwithnina.com/2021/10/fall-fashion-is-here.html

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Olá! Amei conhecer o produto, eu quase nunca seco o meu cabelo, normalmente eu deixo secar de forma natural pois não tenho muita paciência e confesso que preciso fazer um cronograma de hidratação.
    Beijos.


    https://www.parafraseandocomvanessa.com.br/

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Great tips.
    These products looks so nice.
    My hair is 2A.
    Kisses!

    galerafashion.com

    ResponderEliminar

♥ Thank you for your comment, it's much appreciated! That's why I always return comments ♥
♥ I always follow back, just let me know in the comments! ♥